Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Charge for compost bin

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Jennifer Sparkes
writes
The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

In article ,
(mogga) wrote:

Snip of posts on councils charging for compost bins.

Seems somewhat of a cheek to expect people to buy the bin and/or be
charged annually for this sort of thing, given that the LA would
(presumably) rather people did this so as not to have to landfill it.

Our garden waste is also collected here, in the same wheelie bin that
takes kitchen food waste, but they don't have the cheek to charge for it
(not that we really use the facility, except for getting rid of say things
like brambles or weeds I don't want to compost)

We have the same service here. Free, and they give you the bin. You can
purchase a second bin if you need it, and I think they may make a yearly
charge for emptying that. I now have three bins in my garden - grey for
general rubbish, blue for recycling and brown for compostable waste. All
free.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.