Old 11-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Default Water Hyacinth ?

Lucy,

Keep the plants in side until the water temperatures outside are in the 70's. Keep the plants in a tub of water with lots of light, and if possible put a heater in the water to keep the water at about 70 degrees. They need a lot of light. I have tried to keep them over the winter and found strong light and warm was the only way to keep them going through the winter.

Tom L.L.
wrote in message ...
Hi Everyone,
I live onLong Island, New York, zone 7. Today I received 12 huge water
hyacinths that I purchased from E Bay for $6.00. Last year I paid $5.00
per plant from our local pond store. My question is, is it to early to
put the plants in the pond and if so what can I do to save the plants.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Lucy