Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Drought

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:15:05 -0500, Bill
wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:21:31 -0800, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:33:43 -0800, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

Here is a link to a draught resistant tomato, Millet's Dakota.
http://www.victoryseeds.com/catalog/...to/tomato.html

I usually buy something from Victory Seeds but I hadn't seen Millet's
Dakota.

Thanks

I spent a long time yesterday looking through all the tomatoes at
http:\\store.tomatofest.com

There were about 600 varieties. Even tho I don't need any more tomato
seeds, I bought 7. Who can resist a Julia Child, Blue Ridge Mountain
when I live in the foothills and Richardson since it is my maiden
name. All good reasons to buy the seeds.

I did notice that Burbank is supposed to do well in drier areas.
Check it out. Problem is $15 minimum purchase.

Yeah, that $15 minimum has kept me from buying at Tomatofest.
I did find the Burbank at "Seeds of Change" also.
http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_...asp?item_no=PS
15446
They claim it needs moderate watering and is high in amino acids, for a
tomato. Apparently the Burbank is a determinate tomato (good for
canning?).

Thanks for sharing the information.

Shipping is really a pain. When I know that I need (or want) a large
variety I start making a list of what I want, then who has them. I
try to get as many as possible from one place without leaving a single
from someone. I particularly like to try different varieties to see
if I like a new one better than what I am now using.

Just on a whim.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_5?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=tomato+seeds&sprefix=tomat

Bill

Just what I don't need, more tomato seeds. They do not seem to be
sold by Amazon so would have to pay shipping. Did you see #226, rare
Polish Pastel, 5 seeds for $3.99 + shipping..
--
Susan N.