Old 03-02-2009, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default snowdrops on line

On 3/2/09 16:52, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:39:33 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 3/2/09 16:27, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:26:48 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 3/2/09 14:20, in article
,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

On looking at various sites selling snowdrops I came across this
"Offer"; Greenfingers.com offer 75 single snowdrops for ONLY £16.49 !

Pam in Bristol

GASP!

wait for it.

http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...58&pf_id=DD487
5
"Sale price reduced from £25"
plus £4.95 p&p

swoon

Good grief - how do they DO that and get away with it? I suppose they have
big staffing overheads or something but I should think we charge about £3 or
£4 for 100 bulbs. I'll have to check I'm not missing something off here

"in the green"?

Of course. They're dug up by the estate workers and brought to us in sacks.
We bundle them up in wet newspaper. I've checked with Ray and there's
somewhere around 40 per bundle for £1.50. We don't count each individual
one out by hand but we reckon we know how big a bundle should be! I think
the double flowered ones are a bit more expensive but not enormously so.

because I'm really quite shocked at that!

Compare with a Dutch seller
http://www.sneeuwklokjes.nl/prijslijst2007.htm

P&P €5 anywhere in the EU

Don't read Dutch!