Old 04-02-2009, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,aus.gardens
Anne Chambers[_2_] Anne Chambers[_2_] is offline

Default Ripening pears

FarmI wrote:
"Anne Chambers" wrote in message
David Hare-Scott wrote:
FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Pears will ripen off the tree but is it necessary? How do you know
the best time to pick them? What happens if you leave them too
long?
Didn't you ask this question last year?
Yes, didn't get a sensible answer.

I recall answering such a question last year and going back and
forth about how to pick the right time to pick them.

And yes, they do need to be picked and ripened off the tree. The
trick is how to do that. I gave a fulsome answer on that in last
year's response but it's just too hot to go through the same thing
all over again.
Sorry I must have missed it.
Well that's clear. Anyone who had anything to say on the topic last
year knows not to bother again.
The heat is making you grumpy.

The whole thread from last year can be viewed here - you did respond to
her at the time.

http://tinyurl.com/d4x6b2

Anne as a family historian, you surprise me. I never wrote that David
didn't respond to me.

If you put your critical reading hat on, you should be wondering why David
is being such a dill given that he's admitted to asking the quesion last
year.

No but he said he had missed your posting...and what has being a family
historian got to do with it ?

PLONK

--
Anne Chambers