Old 11-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Bigjon

Default Wild birds

Recently, Essjay001 uttered:

Bart Bailey scribbled:

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:36:43 +0000 (UTC), "Essjay001"
wrote:

Just so all the cat lovers know, cats are responsible for 55 MILLION
wild bird deaths per year according to the TV last night.

How many cats succumb to vehicles per annum? ;-)

Not 55 Million I'll bet and I doubt the number is very great at all.

However, talking Roadkill on a 5 mile strech of road between Mile Elm and
Melksham, in Wilts15 Badgers, 3 foxes, numerous Hedgehogs and several
Pheasants in just 2 months, each of which is more important than any
pampered cat.

Steve R

All creatures are as important as each other. To revere or denigrate one
species over another is rather hypocritical. If you care about the "15
Badgers, 3 foxes, numerous Hedgehogs and several Pheasants" that are
killed, you should care about the cats, frogs, deer, rabbits etc etc that
are also roadkill. To single out one lower species just because you
consider yourself to be at the top of the food chain is inhumane and
immoral.
IMO...
--
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....