Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default snowdrops on line

The message
from contains these words:
In article ,
Sacha wrote:

This sort of thing reminds me of the man who tried to sell me a car on the
grounds that it was a lovely colour and had a really easy-to-remember
number
plate. He was about 30 and I was in my 50s at the time. I need hardly say
that I didn't buy that car or any car from the establishment he graced with
his stupidity.

I came very close to being thrown out of the salesroom by one that
got annoyed by my description of all the fancy features, like air
conditioning, central locking as so on, as gimmicks that reduced
the value of the car in my eyes.

How right you are. I'd add eclectic leaking roof and self-jamming
windows, along with any other unnecessary features which merely add to
the risk of self-immolation.

Some years ago when I had a good income - quite a number, in fact - I
wrote to a well-known manufacturer of horseless carriages and said I'd
like to buy a certain model, if I could have it with hand-cranked
windows, and with proper round headlights. (This was in the days when
all headlice with corners dazzled oncoming traffic...)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig