Old 05-02-2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default New prhrag

I agree. I was about to ask Patricia Harding whether she felt the
normalization of relations with teh rebels and drug cartels have allowed
greater freedom of movement in the back woods of Colombia such that more of
these may come to light. Patricia loves going to the shows and never misses
a chance - which is why I was going to ask her, since she's been there
recently. I recall D'Alessario once saying that you'd be an idiot to go
down some of the roads and trails that led off the main roads. That you
never knew when the side road would end or what/who was at the end of it.
Years ago when I first got into the judging program teh AOS was very worried
about judges going to Colombia to the shows. In case of kidnap. Luckily it
all turned out to be OK. Once I was researching the range for an orchid and
I cracked up to see that there were herbarium specimens collected all along
its range in teh Andes, all except for Colombia. I guess nobody wanted to
go out to the boonies, LOL! But that was then and this is now.

I can't think of another two toned phrag, can you?

K Barrett

"Sue Erickson" wrote in message
For as long as people have lived/explored in S. America -- Suddenly
there are new species that are THAT beautiful. Were we blind for
years?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:14:04 -0800, "K Barrett"
wrote:

I may be the last on the planet to know there's a new phrag. This one
comes
from Columbia and is in the same group as Phrag schlimii.

http://www.orchidspecies.com/phragmanzurii.htm

Pretty cool that its a pink pouch with green sepals and petals.

K Barrett

SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids