Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Drought

In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

FarmI, and any other farmers who live in drought stricken areas,
I would appreciate hearing on how you are coping and what plants are
performing best for you.

It looks like we are in for another year of water rationing here
in northern California, due to lack of precipitation and the need to
provide our endangered salmon with sufficient water for spawning. The
water also gets sent south so that people can grow lawns and hose down
sidewalks in the great desert that is southern California.

Yes, I've "googled" drought resistant vegetables and found some good
sites like
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/new...toryType=garde

Looking forward to any advice you can offer.

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars

Got me looking about and found..."Breaking the Drought...visions of
grace"

By Stephen Levine

A taste

The Salad

Sometimes I use platitudes instead of nasturtium flowers in the salad,
the colors like stepping-stones across the delicate jungle in the old
Chinese bowl whose crane's wings lift ever so slightly the porcelain
centuries from the black birch table.

More of course....

The earth in meditation....

isbn 13 : 978-0-943914-48-0

Wavy Gravy likes this guy.

Bill

Happily, my drought is of a more aqueous nature and by chance it rained
today. 'Tis odd here in Sonoma County, our strange weather has lead to
an early budding of my peach trees and the regions grapevines.

Other droughts are fended off with "Haiku: Eastern Culture v. 1"
by Reginald Horace Blyth and friends like you ;O)

Hope you enjoyed Robert Burns' birthday.

Gotta' run. Dinner's on.
--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFnE2Z5bpk