Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Broad beans peeping through

"Part_No" wrote in message
I sowed 50 broad beans a couple of days after christmas and have
been looking out for signs of growth every day, and to my amazement
after the snow melted (yesterday) what do I see?
A very close inspection reveals 14 very very young plants, as if
someone fired a starting pistol, cos today another 7 are poking out.

I had almost given up!

I just love throwing random vegetable seeds in empty beds at the end of the
season and seeing what comes up in the spring!
--S.