Old 06-02-2009, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default propagator

"UkJay" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 10:22 pm, solaara
wrote:
I have found a way to get my propagator to work even better...I have a
2" thick piece of polystyrene under it so more heat is generated
upwards towards the pots...has anyone else thought of this...?

--
solaara

Polystyrene is not going to "generate" heat, nor is it going to be as
effective at reflecting heat upards as a sheet of baking foil underneath the
tray. The only way this is going to help is by avoiding heat loss through
conduction into the surface the propagator is sitting on. But that shouldn't
really be an issue anyway, the propagator should be designed to minimise
that sort of loss. It isn't sitting on an anvil by any chance?

Steve