Old 06-02-2009, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default Indoor sowings weedy

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 07:06:49 -0600, Davy
wrote:

I have been sowing lettuce and spinach in cells indoors.
As soon as they sprout I put them on a window cill - not
in full sun.

Why not?

The problem is that all the seedlings are tall thin things
(look like cress) - not short stocky healthy things.
They are still at the pseudo 2 leaf stage at the moment.
Has anybody more success sowing indoors?
DAvy

When I sow tomato seeds indoors I stick them on a shelf right up
against the conservatory window in full light. I like the see the
little beggars come through stubby and dark green as soon as they
break the surface. I'd think that tall weediness is probably due to
insufficient light.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹