Old 06-02-2009, 06:08 PM
solaara solaara is offline
Registered User

[quote='Jeff Layman[_2_];829314']solaara wrote:
I have found a way to get my propagator to work even better...I have a
2" thick piece of polystyrene under it so more heat is generated
upwards towards the pots...has anyone else thought of this...?

If the propagator temperature isn't thermostatically controlled, you may
find that by using polystyrene its temperature gets too high on warm days,
as there will be very little if any heat loss throught he base. That could
do more harm than good.

--

I am only doing it these cold wintry days, until we get a bit more sunshine...sol