Old 06-02-2009, 03:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
dave a dave a is offline

Default We will see if it can be fixed

wrote:
Cows basically eat all day and chew their cud and have multiple stomachs loaded with
bacteria that can break down cellulose. Grass eaters are also stupid.

The only protein found in plants are enzymes. Proteins are not used for structure.
This means very low levels of proteins.

This would be news to many agricultural scientists. Try a Google search
on "protein content of grass" and you will learn something. For example,

http://jas.fass.org/cgi/content/abstract/55/5/1008

I'm not a vegan or some sort of food nut. I've raised and eaten cattle
all my life.