Old 07-02-2009, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Bird box + camera

On 7 Feb, 09:56, Alan wrote:
As this subject has been previously raised in this group, Aldi are
selling bird nest boxes with an inbuilt camera for £40 on Sunday.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...d=2009-02-06-1
5-49

I would guess the camera to be of *'adequate' quality and 'built to a
price' so don't expect high definition pictures . *It only has an
analogue TV output signal (S video) that can be connected directly in to
a suitable SCART socket on a TV. It *would need an additional video
capture card in a computer to distribute the pictures over the Internet.

If you have never used an Aldi store before....

Popular special offers often sell out soon after the store opens on the
first day when they are available (in this case on Sunday). Once it's
gone - it's gone - there will be no more deliveries. Sometimes a special
offer doesn't get delivered to all stores.

They don't take credit cards. Debit cards (chip and pin) or cash only
(probably no cheques).

No free bags - bring your own or expect to pay (assuming that they have
any stock of carrier bags).

No packing of bags at checkout. Everything goes back into the trolley
which you then take to the 'packing area' with shelves or to your car.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Dont knock Aldi they are good, Who needs free bags, you should have
enoughto be able to pack your shopping, that is as long as your memory
alows you to put them into the car.
Re the nest box camera the only snag I can see is that it looks as if
it is conected to your computer by wire, but I could be wrong, I'll be
looking tomorrow.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries