Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default propagator

The message
from "Jeff Layman" contains these words:
solaara wrote:

I have found a way to get my propagator to work even better...I have a
2" thick piece of polystyrene under it so more heat is generated
upwards towards the pots...has anyone else thought of this...?

If the propagator temperature isn't thermostatically controlled, you may
find that by using polystyrene its temperature gets too high on warm days,
as there will be very little if any heat loss throught he base. That could
do more harm than good.

Isn't there a thermostat?

If not, a suitable (adjustable) one may be got from aquaria shops.
Shield it from direct sunlight...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig