Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Noddy[_2_] Noddy[_2_] is offline

Default To remove hips or not?

Thanks for the info. on compost. Now that I have that sorted, I have another
question re. rose-hips. I have lots of wild rose bushes around and about,
and of course the grouse finish off all the hips, which is good. But I have
an old, very large, rugosa smothered in hips and too close to the house, I
suppose, for the birds (unless I have very fussy birds g). Should I be
removing these hips for any reason I haven't thought of, i.e. disease, etc.?
.... Noddy