Old 11-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Essjay001

Default Wild birds

Bigjon scribbled:

SNIP
All creatures are as important as each other.

To revere or denigrate one species over another is rather hypocritical.

IYO but not mine.Cats are in the main farmed to lead pampered lives.
I doubt if many cats have to run the gauntlet of surviving day-to-day on
their wits

If you care about the "15 Badgers, 3 foxes, numerous Hedgehogs and

several Pheasants"
that are killed, you should care about the frogs, deer, rabbits etc etc

that are also roadkill.
I do but those I mentioned are just the ones I have seen on my way to work
in the morning on one single strech of road. Sorry about cats but I cannot
get all emotional about these parasites.

To single out one lower species just because you consider yourself to be

at the top of the
food chain is inhumane and immoral.

I do not single cats out because "I consider myself to be at the top of the
food chain". Were that the case I would eat cat in England just as I have
eaten cat abroad.
Cats are an unannounced pest. If people cannot keep them under control they
should not be allowed to keep them. I am not inhumane or immoral, just
practical.