Old 08-02-2009, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Jeffrey L. Kline Jeffrey L. Kline is offline

Default To remove hips or not?

Nope, leave them on until you need to prune. Someone will get to them.

Jeff

"Noddy" wrote in message
Thanks for the info. on compost. Now that I have that sorted, I have
another
question re. rose-hips. I have lots of wild rose bushes around and about,
and of course the grouse finish off all the hips, which is good. But I
have
an old, very large, rugosa smothered in hips and too close to the house, I
suppose, for the birds (unless I have very fussy birds g). Should I be
removing these hips for any reason I haven't thought of, i.e. disease,
etc.?
... Noddy