Old 08-02-2009, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Acacia frost damage

In article ,
Judith in France wrote:

Am I right in thinking Cambridge enjoys the same climate as Norwich?
If so, I can understand you losing plants this winter which have
survived other winters.

More like Bedford - we have the nearest to a continental climate
that Britain possesses, though it's still very maritime, of course.
Norwich is more maritime than we are.

This year, the lows have actually been fairly high (no more than
-5 or -6), but we haven't had a sustained period of near-freezing
days for a decade. We used to get much colder conditions, which
may still return (e.g. -5 in the day, -10 at night, for several
days).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.