Old 08-02-2009, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_4_] Derek[_4_] is offline

Default Bird box + camera

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:26:19 -0000, "Derek"
wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Rick... (The other Rick)" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 09:56:28 +0000, Alan
wrote:

As this subject has been previously raised in this group, Aldi are
selling bird nest boxes with an inbuilt camera for £40 on Sunday.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...d=2009-02-06-1
5-49

I would guess the camera to be of 'adequate' quality and 'built to a
price' so don't expect high definition pictures . It only has an
analogue TV output signal (S video) that can be connected directly in
a suitable SCART socket on a TV. It would need an additional video
capture card in a computer to distribute the pictures over the
Internet.

If you have never used an Aldi store before....

Popular special offers often sell out soon after the store opens on the
first day when they are available (in this case on Sunday). Once it's
gone - it's gone - there will be no more deliveries. Sometimes a
special
offer doesn't get delivered to all stores.

They don't take credit cards. Debit cards (chip and pin) or cash only
(probably no cheques).

No free bags - bring your own or expect to pay (assuming that they have
any stock of carrier bags).

No packing of bags at checkout. Everything goes back into the trolley
which you then take to the 'packing area' with shelves or to your car.

The trick at Lidl and aldi is to grab an empty box out of the veg area,
or
from one of the BIG cardboard boxen on pallets that they put the smaller
boxen in. At the checkout it's too late to be thinking about a box.

And yes, the good stuff does sell out early. I got my compressor at
0815,
by 0900 they were gone, as were the air tools.

I hope someone here will notice and post when they're doing cordless or
petrol strimmers.

Steve

Flippin' eck Steve did you have to tell everybody those boxes are thin on
the ground at the best of times :-) and before anybody takes issue with
the
quality of the specials they should remember it is guaranteed and not in
the
Curry/Dixons manner where you pay for the cost of a replacement for the
'extended' guarantee. btw no issues with extra spam tho' I really don't
need
the very reasonable photoprinting offers cos I do me own.
DerekW

I saw a German test of power tools on German TV. The cheap no name makes
had a
very short life.
--

Martin

No doubt about it but I'm happy to get 12 months out of an angle
grinder(landrovers!!) failure before and its returned under guarantee but
if you put say a budget angle grinder from Sealey , Silverline and a
Powercraft (Lidl) on a bench together you will notice two differences the
label and the price, the manufacturers are the same in the ones I have
handled down to impressed part numbers . When it comes to the airtools the
price variations are amazing the major difference is the customer service
the Powercraft CS are brilliant when I needed a replacement compressor seal
they had it to me next day FOC
DerekW