Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Snow pictures

On 9/2/09 17:59, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:34:27 GMT, Jennifer Sparkes
wrote:

The message et
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:51:15 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Here's a couple showing the first snow we had. Don't know why it
bothered. This was when 'London ground to a halt'! Second time we had
more but didn't get out with the camera quickly enough!
http://i42.tinypic.com/j7rjvm.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7ijxv.jpg

That second one is but a heavy frost, this is snow:

http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090203/
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090205/

Most of it is still here, though there has been a bit of thaw in the last
18 hours, max today briefly of 5.5C and above 0C for 8hrs, the warmest and
longest time above 0C by a long chalk since the begining of the month.

Currently -2.1C, still and clear might be another cold one down to -7 or
8C again.

Now that reminds me of the snow in 1947 - and I only missed 1 day at
school, and it wasn't closed and I had to travel 5 or 6 miles from the
village. Having got there I was sent home in case the buses stopped
running - but they didn't. The next day my parents did think the snow
was a bit too deep to send me to school but after that it was school as
usual!

I travelled across Leeds by tram and bus to go to school in 1947, I never
missed
a day

I do NOT believe you and Jennifer are old enough to have been at school in
1947!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com