Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default No one from Victoria?

On Feb 8, 12:35*pm, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:
Funny you should write this. I just booted up and was going to ask if
everyone is okay.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message

I don't think any of us are from Victoria, Australia...Reiner may be... but
I think he's from the eastern side of Victoria. *I read the fire reports
and it just sounds grim. Anything you can say is an understatement.

Fingers crossed for one and all

K Barrett- Hide quoted text -

I've heard from two people who are OK. They say teh summer's heat is
tremendous, 47C is what? 117F? Sure, it gets hot & dry here but
nothing like that. Earlier in teh season John V was looking for ways
to reduce water and still keep his collection alive, but I guess I
didn't understand just how bad his/their drought is. I guess many
collections (to bring this back on topic, away from people and back to
orchids) are suffering.

All in all I can't think of a worse fire. We burned this summer but
mostly it was rangeland (not counting San Diego). Some fires went on
for weeks (big Sur) but again not much out there, not like this.

K Barrett