Old 10-02-2009, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Ripening pears

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
As I said before I'm sorry

Well it's big of you to say so. But don't get too put out by a snarly
session on my part. Given the shit that's happening in Victoria at
the moment a minor face ripping on usenet is totally irrelevant in
the great scheme of things.

Quite so. How is your psture going? Any fires near you?

There is one fire in the district but it's nnot considered a problem ATM but
the smoke is somewhat concerning because you're always on high alert, as
you'd know.

Our pasture is all hayed off so it's a case of giving the cattle bypass
blocks to cope with the feed. Luckily (or perhaps unluckily if a fire
starts) we have lots of dry standing feed so we don't have to feed out or
buy any. Should be OK for winter too. And in fact I'm now looking forward
to winter with a vengeance.

What about your pasture - have you had to agist your animals yet?