Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snow pictures

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:28:01 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Holy wow! I think I'll go on living here, thanks!

B-) "Holy wow!" for the snow, the temperatures or both? I like it like
this at or just below freezing mainly because it is dry.

If it's 1 or 2 above freezing it tends to damp and misty that just saps
any warmth from you, no matter how well you wrap up. Not to mention the
grey damp mist or hill fog is very depressing, nice bit of snow and bright
sunshine can't beat it. It can be a bit bracing if it's -8 and the wind is
blowing, wind chill to -20 or lower, you don't spend long exposed to that
if you can help it. But -8 and sheltered/no wind is not a problem.

--
Cheers
Dave.