Old 09-02-2009, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Snow pictures

On 9/2/09 20:55, in article
, "Dave
Hill" wrote:

On 9 Feb, 18:47, Sacha wrote:
On 9/2/09 18:07, in article
, "Dave

Hill" wrote:
On 9 Feb, 17:34, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message et
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these
words:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:51:15 +0000, Sacha wrote:
Here's a couple showing the first snow we had. Don't know why it
bothered. This was when 'London ground to a halt'! *Second time we had
more but didn't get out with the camera quickly enough!
http://i42.tinypic.com/j7rjvm.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7ijxv.jpg
That second one is but a heavy frost, this is snow:
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090203/
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090205/
Most of it is still here, though there has been a bit of thaw in the last
18 hours, max today briefly of 5.5C and above 0C for 8hrs, the warmest and
longest time above 0C by a long chalk since the begining of the month.
Currently -2.1C, still and clear might be another cold one down to -7 or
8C again.

Now that reminds me of the snow in 1947 - and I only missed 1 day at
school, and it wasn't closed and I had to travel *5 or 6 miles from the
village. Having got there I was sent home in case the buses stopped
running - but they didn't. The next day my parents did think the snow
was a bit too deep to send me to school but after that it was school as
usual!

Health and Safety weren't 'buzz' words in those days!

Jennifer

Looks as if we got more than you here inSouth Wales Sacha
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/
Snowglasshouse2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/snowtrack.jpg[/
IMG]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/Snowtrees.jpg[/
IMG]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/
SnowPortTalbot.jpg[/IMG]
The car was so happy not to have to do anything
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/SnowCar.jpg[/
IMG]

David hill
Abacus Nurseries

Those pics are beautiful, even if it did put a halt in your gallop! It looks
like a magical kingdom - or should that be principality? *;-)) *I
particularly like the snow track one, it looks so inviting, somehow - makes
you want to go on and explore further. *Was the glasshouse roof okay?
Matthew put the heating on very low in ours and in the tunnels to protect
the roofs.
My daughter lives in Chepstow and has been told by a friend that they're
expecting 4" of snow! *How far is that from you because it makes me wonder
if you're going to get another pasting?
Hope you don't mind me saying this, David but you need to take the brackety
bits etc. off your pics' urls. *They should start with http and end with jpg
or people can't just click on them. *I have to do the same using tinypic and
I can't imagine why it can't be done at the source but that's not my thing.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Never had problems posting from Photobucket into other groups but I'll
try to remember your tip sacha.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...2/Snowview.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Snowcimla.jpg
Is this better

Yes, perfect.

We're nearly 60 miles from Chepstow so are not geting a lot of the
snow, but looking inland we can see very white hills and mountains.
We were going to the show in Bournmouth on Wed but I am very doubtfull
as the forcast is at present.

The weather is just bizarre in its variety and strength just now. I don't
mean to be flippant about this at all but I think that sometimes, it does us
no harm to remember that we can't control everything around us.