Old 09-02-2009, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default It's blowing!

On Feb 9, 11:01*pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:55:45 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
The gales have started, you should hear it roaring, we moved our cars
in case of trees coming down.

Checked the car insurance and then parked under the biggest most rotten looking
tree. We spent a Xmas holiday once in a rented Yorkshire "cottage" that had a
big rotten looking tree upwind of a large LPG tank. Of course there was a gale
but the tree didn't fall down.

I watched French TV news this evening, second big gale of the year coming up. I
thought it was the third. There's flooding along the Garonne.
--

Martin

We are off to Provence tomorrow to look at a dog, the sun may be
shining there, hopefully. To keep on topic, I bought some seeds today
at Lidl, only 23 cents a packet for run of the garden sweet peas and
59 cents for hybrid petunia, cheap or what and I shook the packets to
ensure there were seeds in them.

Judith