Old 11-02-2009, 06:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default The Greenhouse Hamburger

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:47:19 -0800, Billy
wrote:

The Greenhouse Hamburger

snip

Individuals, too, can reduce the effects of food production on planetary
climate. To some degree, after all, our diets are a choice. By choosing
more wisely, we can make a difference. Eating locally produced food for
instance, can reduce the need for transport‹though food inefficiently
shipped in small batches on trucks from nearby farms can turn out to
save surprisingly little in greenhouse emissions. And in the U.S. and
the rest of the developed world, people could eat less meat,
particularly beef.

sighhhhh.......it seems that your effort to educate the Great Unwashed
yet again results in disparagement and attempted diversion from the
importance of the message, dave a.

'Twas ever thus.

ourselves of, a local (26 miles) source of bison that is entirely
grass fed. Butchered at two years of age. (You ever have bison nuts?
Damn, they are good!!)

This here buffalo flesh is some good stuff, Billy. The omega ratios
are proper. Fat content is minimal and of the proper composition, so
that "saturated fat" is of no concern. Having said this, our red
flesh consumption is way down, as is flesh consumption overall.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. " ....Pollan

Yer old pal, peering out from unner the log

Charlie

I wish I had words :O)

Hi!
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars