Old 11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Allegra

Default rose craters?

"Unique Too" writes:

The big garden has soaker hoses snaked around the roses, attached with
lengths of hose.

I have a small area with three roses that isn't on the soaker hose

because I
didn't want to run a hose all the way across the front yard, I didn't want

waste the water by running a soaker hose across the walkway nor did I want

the
walkway wet everytime I watered. When I first read this I thought you

meant
you used a piece of regular hose between two soakers and thought What a

great
idea! In rereading it I expect I was incorrect, but it still gave me a

great
idea. I'll work on that this weekend. My roses thank you!

Hello UT,

that is exactly how we resolved the problem
with our soaker hoses. We have the big long
beds on the east side - particularly the one in
"the middle" that has soaker hoses running from
the periphery into the center and the spigot is
wayyyyyyyyyy down at the entry of the back
gate. At the Home Despot they have extra
attachments of every possible ilk for hoses
and we cut a regular hose, attached a
coupler to it and did the same with the end
to the soaker hose, male to female and so
forth making sure we left the female at the
end of the soakers and have the male
in the regular hose. That way we can move
the regular hose from bed to bed and it is
a cinch.

One suggestion? We found a short shepherd
hook that works great and it gets hidden among
the "corn" where to hang the length of regular
hose to keep it from getting gritty or from
filling with dirt. I nearly scared a poor little tree
frog to death one morning when I went to
connect the hose and that was enough for me.

I am out of here. Wouldn't you know it? we are
off for the weekend and for the first time in two
weeks something yellow is way up there...roses law
as opposed to Murphy's or in accordance to?
Have a great weekend, are your roses blooming?

Allegra

PS: and you are right. We are getting two Cherokees
from Chamblee. I just got an e telling me they are
shipping them the 28th of this month. Cat smile!

http://store.hansenironworks.com/skuSS.html