Old 24-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Cereoid+10

Default Dandelions

You can use the leaves as salad greens, use the roots as a coffee substitute
and can even make wine from the flowers.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/...l_health/69711

Shadow wrote in message
Soon spring will be here, as will my yellow sea of dandelions. To be

honest,
I really haven't tried very hard to get rid of them. I live next to a

field
that is full of wildflowers (which I quite enjoy), and I had always

assumed
that any attempt I made to rid my lawn of weeds would be nullified by

seeds
from the field next door ending up on my lawn.However, in an attempt to be
neighbourly, I thought I'd try this year to at least get a start on
controlling the dandelions. I really do not want to use chemical
fertilizers, so I am looking for an organic solution. Any suggestions

would
be appreciated.

Thanks

--