Old 11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] soil

Does anyone have a reference to the right soil type for specific
bonsai
species?

===========

I'm afraid there is no such thing. There are too many variables.
Almost all bonsai will grow in the standard bonsai mix described
in our FAQ or in every bonsai book ever written.

For some trees you will learn from experience that in your
environment and with your watering regime and with the light your
bonsai get, etc. that this tree needs a little more organic
material, that tree needs less. This, however, can't be put into
a book because everyone's growing conditions are different.

It ALWAYS helps if you know the native habitat of the tree you
are growing.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --