Old 11-02-2009, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pruning eucalyptus

On Feb 11, 10:48*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
I have an approx 3 year old eucalyptus which is about 12 feet tall on
one stem. *I think I should cut it back to grow bushy. *I've not grown
one before. *It's by a 6 ft fence.
3 questions:
When should I cut it?
What height should I cut it back to? *4 feet? *More or less?
If I leaveit will it just go on up or will it bush out?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Pam when I lived in the City some years ago I had eucalyptus, but
without knowing what species is yours, I don't know if I can help?

Judith