Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Pruning eucalyptus

On 11/2/09 22:48, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

I have an approx 3 year old eucalyptus which is about 12 feet tall on
one stem. I think I should cut it back to grow bushy. I've not grown
one before. It's by a 6 ft fence.
3 questions:
When should I cut it?
What height should I cut it back to? 4 feet? More or less?
If I leaveit will it just go on up or will it bush out?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

If it's one of the large growing ones, it will go on up and quite quickly
but won't bush out any more than is natural to its type.
This site will help you because it mentions different types and various ways
of dealing with cutting them back. You have to scroll down nearly to the
bottom of the page.
http://www.australiaplants.com/Eucalyptus_Info.htm

--
Sacha