Old 24-02-2003, 12:15 AM
DGiunti

Default forced narcissus bulbs

In article , Beth Pierce
writes:

Thanks everyone. They are paperwhites and not daffodils.
Sorry, I'm originally from Southern California and out there
they are named separately even though they are from the same
family. Now that I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania, (cold
zone 5) it's such a treat to take off during a dreary
mid-January and drive to the local Agway and buy them at
their cheapest. Your comments have helped me to continue
that tradition.

The part of me that thinks your spent bulb should have the same chance I did
wants me to tell you to find someplace to stick it into the ground again. It
may recover and bring some joy to the landscape. The roadsides of Oregon are
full of these random wonders in the spring.

David Giunti email: unity
What is the question? Gertrude Stein's last words
No one mouth is big enough to utter the whole thing. Alan Watts

On Display in the UK
http://www.web-gallery.co.uk