Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Rye John Rye is offline

Default Michauxia tchihatcheffii

Hello Sacha

In article ,
Sacha wrote:
Being either an optimist or a fool - or both - and no, I don't want your
opinions, thanks ;-)) - I'm going to have another try at getting this to
germinate. I haven't sown them for two or three years and last time, I
sowed two packets and not one came up. Obviously, I can read the
directions on a seed packet but has anyone any secret hints, tips or
suggestions for getting some success this time?

I think that this may be a question of seed viability rather than technique.

I grew a few of these some years ago, and they germinated OK with my normal
technique. ie damp sterilised mixture of multipurpose & vermiculite with pot
in a plastic bag and a little bottom heat.

For me this was just the start of the problems (Slugs love them and so do
white fly.) I did manage to grow a couple of plants until they flowered and
the flowers are magnificent, but I came to the view that they were too much
hastle, and have not tried again since. I did not manage to ripen any seed.

John

--
John Rye
Hadleigh IPSWICH England