Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Snow point?

On 12/2/09 16:51, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:16:13 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 12/2/09 15:44, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Feb 12, 3:04*pm, Sacha wrote:
This is probably a silly question but what is the temp at which one can
expect snow if clouds are about? *Or are there too many variables such as
sea, mountains, high land etc., to make it possible for a straight answer?

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Today it is snowing hard and we are now about half a metre deep in
snow. It is 0 degrees outside. Driving over the mountain pass on the
way home yesterday it was minus 6 and snowing heavily at 4p.m.

Judith

Thanks to you, Martin and Stephen. I'll stop looking out the window then.
It's very much colder tonight, even though cloud has come over and it did
make me think of snow again. I gather the east of the country has plenty.

It's snowing hard along the north east coast of England.

We had a sprinkling this morning. Just enough snow, for the local yob's gf to
skid her moped and collide with a loud bang against the local yobs father's
parked car. It couldn't have happened to nicer people.

Apparently, Newcastle airport is closed. And as to your home grown yobs,
there is a certain satisfaction in the closing of a circle, isn't there?
;-))