Old 13-02-2009, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Ripening pears

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:

What about your pasture - have you had to agist your animals yet?

Not yet. We have just let them into a reserve area that I was irrigating
a bit (until the river stopped) so they are OK for now. We have had 28mm
of rain in the last few days and getting a little green flush. Right now
I am gambling that we will get more rain and build up some growth before
the weather turns - if not we are stuffed. They are all pretty fat so a
couple of good falls in the next few weeks will see us through.

Well good luck for the rain. We've had a wee bit overnight and it's
overcast and mizzling here ATM. I'd love to see a few days of steady rain.