Old 24-02-2003, 12:16 AM
Douglas Bolt

Default Orchids in the Kitchen window

Nina,

I need to go back to your web site (http://www.chaotropic.net/orchids.html)
again to develop some questions for you regarding your photographic
techniques. It is obvious that you know what you are doing. But for now,
I'll continue working on thumbnail generatation.

I agree with you. Aries is the best I've found. I keep finding more
options as I poke around. I'm still looking for a way to manually order the
presentation of images. I found the pull-down to sort automatically by
filename, title etc, but I have not found a way to do it manually - not a
big deal, but...

I use WS FTP Pro to upload files, so I have not tried the Aries approach.

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

Nina Baltes wrote:
Douglas Bolt wrote:
Nina,

Nice pics at your site!

Thanks!

I ran Aries on the same images now shown at
http://www.boltassociates.com/Orchids-Kitchen/ using most of the
default settings and came up with this:
http://www.boltassociates.com/Aries-Orchids/index.htm . So far, I
like Aries much better than either of the other programs I've used.

What do you think? Seems a big improvement to me.

I prefer the Arles version of course . In the old version, I find
the mouseover function that sets the links to bold type somewhat
irritating, as it shifts the pictures around when you go over a
link (this could be done in Arles with a template implementing a
stylesheet though, if you like the look). In the Arles version,
there's titles for the large images, and I like the dropdown
navigation. You can tell the program which info to display in that
menu. It took me some time to work through all the display
possibilities when I first started using the program, but I found
it well worth it. And no, they don't pay me . I've just recently
discovered the "FTP publish" function, it uploads your galleries
automatically. Very convenient!

Nina