Old 13-02-2009, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Snow point?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes

Thanks to you, Martin and Stephen. I'll stop looking out the window then.
It's very much colder tonight, even though cloud has come over and it did
make me think of snow again. I gather the east of the country has plenty.

It was so cold last night, Wednesday. That I couldn't open my car door as
it was frozen shut, i had to open a rear door and sort of push it! The
ground here is lethal with melted and half melted sow forming solid layers
of pure ice even on the fields.
--

That's risky, it can tear the seals in half. A better idea is to us hot
water. Poured along the seal areas it releases the ice. I use hot water on

Mike