Old 13-02-2009, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Winter weather, now and then.

On 13/2/09 12:25, in article
, "Muddymike"
wrote:

"moghouse" wrote in message
I know there is little chance of doing much in the garden at present
so we are reduced to talking about the weather but....

Having said all that, I am a southern softy but the winters seem quite
mild to me now by comparison with the past.

I believe it is all about cycles of weather patterns, and that we have just
entered a colder cycle.

Mike

I don't dismiss global warming but otoh, Ray, who thinks it's all rather
over-hyped, reminds me from time to time that the Romans grew grapes in
Yorkshire. What he doesn't pronounce upon is what the wine was like! ;-)
Do you really think we've entered a different cycle now? As a child in the
50s I remember occasional freak weather when e.g. the snow was so bad on
Dartmoor bales of hay were airlifted to the ponies and there was flooding in
various places. Perhaps it just is good old freaky British weather?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com