Old 13-02-2009, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Honey Fungus

The message
from "Carole" contains these words:

Blimey..too much information !!!!

Now I don't know if I can eat the fungus and have a fab free meal...or die
!!!!
And ...should I plant the prunus...or...eeeerrrmmm...not
Jeeeeez..life's complicated..but I guess if all I have to worry about is a
hedge ...I should count my blessings.
maybe I'll continue to get my mushrooms at the village community
shop.....and just sit in my garden with a glass of wine and enjoy it's
beauty...hedge or no hedge...life's too short

You won't be tempted by Paxillus involutus - it's rather
unprepossessing, squatter, dark brown all over, and looks nothing like
honey fungus.

I don't know of any poisonous mushroom which grows on wood. (That's not
to say there isn't one, but I don't know of it. There are plenty which
are tough, woody, hard or slimy thobut.)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig