Old 14-02-2009, 06:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default citrus seedling in wa

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:30:48 +0900, k wrote:

the more i read about root stock the more comfused i get so i thought i
would go the easy way ie get someone elce to the hard work ;-)

Basically, you choose a rootstock that is good for your soil, then graft on
whatever you want.

Over here, Sydney, NSW, it was Common Lemon stock, but I have no idea what
the current fashion is.

You propagate common lemon from cuttings, then gaft at 4'(?). Sigh, too
long since I learnt all that. The problem would be getting common lemon
stock. Just look for a thorn old lemon.