Old 24-02-2003, 12:27 AM
zhanataya

Default Dandelions

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:51:08 GMT, "Shadow"
wrote:

Soon spring will be here, as will my yellow sea of dandelions. To be honest,
I really haven't tried very hard to get rid of them. I live next to a field
that is full of wildflowers (which I quite enjoy), and I had always assumed
that any attempt I made to rid my lawn of weeds would be nullified by seeds
from the field next door ending up on my lawn.However, in an attempt to be
neighbourly, I thought I'd try this year to at least get a start on
controlling the dandelions. I really do not want to use chemical
fertilizers, so I am looking for an organic solution. Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Thanks

Rent heavy equipment, scrape of the first four or five inches and then
lay sod. It would be cheaper and easier to mow more often. If it is
flat and green your neighbors won't notice the dandelions. ;-)

zhan