Old 14-02-2009, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Snow point?

On 14/2/09 10:40, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:57:07 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 13/2/09 22:42, in article
,
"Fuschia" wrote:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:42:38 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 13/2/09 17:24, in article
, "Rusty_Hinge"
wrote:

The message
from Yuri contains these words:

The weatherman replied, 'Our satellites have reported that
the Aboriginals in the north are collecting firewood like crazy, and
that's always a sure sign.'

Just struck me - should be the Aboriginals in the *SOUTH*

Please do not confuse me with facts. ;-)

The first time I heard the joke they were American Indians.

No, no, that was the one about the radio. ;-)

Pygmies in the Congo learning English from the BBC World Service?

Some dude ranchers were being 'taught' the art of tracking by an American
Indian and went out with him day after day, learning how to seek the signs
of different animals passing, what wild stuff was good to eat etc. and then
one day he said "today, we go back early. BIG rains come 2pm". The
tourists were terribly impressed, talking animatedly amongst themselves
about the wisdom and ancient knowledge of these people and so forth.
Eventually a tourist said to him "please, tell us, how do you know these
things? Where do you get such wisdom and insight". "Weather forecast on
radio".
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com