Old 14-02-2009, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The other Ashburton

On Feb 14, 3:12*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 14/2/09 15:00, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Feb 11, 8:04*am, Sacha wrote:
I had a very kind email about our web site this morning from a 'neighbour'
in Ashburton, NZ! *She sent me a link to a fantastic garden there which
unhappily, we didn't know about at the time. *It may be a bit of
inspirational cheer for urglers waiting for their own gardens to wake
up:http://www.trotts.co.nz/

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

How lovely and so very English!

Judith

Some of the gardens we saw were sub-tropical in the North Island but became
more English in the cooler South Island. *I envied them their fabulous
roses, which were aphid and disease free in every case bar one. *And they
told us this is the first season they've had aphids. * I was pale green!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
Perennials & shrubs online

I would be also aphids are the bane of my life. I am trying very hard
to not use sprays but it is almost impossible not to at times.

Judith