Old 14-02-2009, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Bird box + camera

Pete C wrote:
Pete C wrote:
Alan wrote:
As this subject has been previously raised in this group, Aldi are
selling bird nest boxes with an inbuilt camera for £40 on Sunday.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...d=2009-02-06-1
5-49

I would guess the camera to be of 'adequate' quality and 'built to
a price' so don't expect high definition pictures . It only has
an analogue TV output signal (S video) that can be connected
directly in to a suitable SCART socket on a TV. It would need an
additional video capture card in a computer to distribute the
pictures over the Internet.

I might give that a whirl. I guess I could feed the signal to my DVD
recorder?

In for a penny etc......picked one up today. Pic quality looks good
on test. However, inside box mught be a different matter. Hopefully
get it up and running by next weekend.

Well, it's up. Pic is great. With 6 IR LED's, the pic at night is as good as
day.
--
Pete C
London UK