Old 15-02-2009, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The other Ashburton

On Feb 14, 4:49*pm, wrote:
In article ,
Judith in France wrote:

On Feb 14, 3:12=A0pm, Sacha wrote:
On 14/2/09 15:00, in article
Some of the gardens we saw were sub-tropical in the North Island but beca=

me
more English in the cooler South Island. =A0I envied them their fabulous
roses, which were aphid and disease free in every case bar one. =A0And th=

ey
told us this is the first season they've had aphids. =A0 I was pale green=

!

I would be also aphids are the bane of my life. *I am trying very hard
to not use sprays but it is almost impossible not to at times.

Let's see what happens after the first winter in a decade.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

But Nick here in France it is the norm where I live to have this
weather and it doesn't seem to make any difference to aphids.

Judith