Old 15-02-2009, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The other Ashburton

On Feb 14, 11:52*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 14/2/09 16:49, in article ,

" wrote:
In article
,
Judith in France wrote:
On Feb 14, 3:12=A0pm, Sacha wrote:
On 14/2/09 15:00, in article
Some of the gardens we saw were sub-tropical in the North Island but beca=
me
more English in the cooler South Island. =A0I envied them their fabulous
roses, which were aphid and disease free in every case bar one. =A0And th=
ey
told us this is the first season they've had aphids. =A0 I was pale green=
!

I would be also aphids are the bane of my life. *I am trying very hard
to not use sprays but it is almost impossible not to at times.

Let's see what happens after the first winter in a decade.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

We had a couple of mozzies in the house after the first few frosty nights
and I started wondering just what it takes to be shot of them. *Touching
wood as I write this, we haven't seen one for quite a few days, even though
it's gone up to around 6 or 7c and been sunny.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

We too got a few in including a bluebottle, they came on the logs.

Judith