Old 15-02-2009, 11:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Donn Thorson Donn Thorson is offline

Default What is it?: - Garlic-Chives.jpg (1/1)

I bought a seed packet of what was called "Broad-Leaved Garlic Chives"
about ten or fifteen years ago. I planted them at my previous home, then
transplanted them here at my new home (about seven years ago). About
four years ago the clump of Garlic Chives began forming bubils along
with the flowers something they hadn't done before. The plants now
produce both seed and the bubils.

The leaves are flat and and a little broader then other Garlic Chive
plants, and are also garlic in flavor. The plants appear normal, other
varieties of Garlic Chives I also grow, except for the bubils and
broader leaves.

I suspect that these were not actually garlic chives but some other type
of Allium...or perhaps they were a hybrid to begin with, reseeded, and
have reverted back to one of the original parents...just second guessing
of course.

Got any ideas what I've got here?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garlic-Chives.jpg (114.5 KB, 51 views)