Old 15-02-2009, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Saving rainwater

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 01:52:31 -0600, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:
I live in Austin, Texas where the soil is either deep or 5" deep with
solid limestone and caliche and there are a ton of fiberglass pools
installed every year all over the place. Those fiberglass structures
are many times more resilient than metal and aren't little flimsy,
thinly made tanks. They are very strong.
Victoria

Yes, you are absolutely right Victoria, they are *very* strong. It's also
not legal to install a 'damaged or repaired' fiberglass septic tank for it's
originally intended purpose even if they are technically as good as new so
there goes ol brooklyn1's flat tire theory. I only told about the salvaged
septic tanks to suggest that people need to look around and see what's
available to do the job. I found a very workable and relatively inexpensive
solution to my water problem by doing a little thinking outside the box.
When I saw "water barrels" selling for $75 a pop I figured there HAD to be a
better way. Gardening, if done properly, is conducive to percolating and
pondering solutions to problems.

Val